Improves efficiency through a streamlined IRB submission and review process
- Provides electronic support for the full life cycle of the research study, which includes initial submissions, modifications, reports of new information, and continuing reviews.
- Automated reminders will notify researchers, reviewers and administrators of important milestones and when actions are needed in the review process.
- UGA-specific guidance via integrated “help” menus will guide researchers through the process.
Increases transparency, easy access to protocols, and enhances communications
- Investigators will have easy access to their entire project records in one location 24/7; this includes the approved protocol, recruitment materials, questionnaires, amendments, and the current consent forms.
- Investigators will be able to see where the project is in the submission and review process, view IRB decision and approval letters, and view their entire study project history.
- All communications between the researchers and the IRB/HSO can be contained within the system.
- By eliminating virtually all paper, the new system will be environmentally friendly.